The work on this build primarily went into Ancient Evils and improved follower mechanics. There is a rather large amount of actions the evils can perform, depending on their nature. Not every world generated will have Ancient Evils, but most will have at least one. This should really be a world generation setting, along with preferences as to how fine-grained control you have over followers.
Speaking of which – the new level mechanic for followers: At the moment, the AI chooses any skill gain on level up for followers (a new mechanic in this build), and the player chooses any action to take on story events. This will become configurable to have the AI control all such choices, having the player selected (a max. number of) “champions” among followers where full control is possible, and finally the player having full control (if desired) of all follower choices.
“Under the hood” I did a lot of improvements to the code controlling some foundational terrain mechanics, nothing that adds anything apart from enabling some of the Ancient Evil events, but it will come in really useful when I add new terrain types.
Oh, and I changed to forums to run on phpBB instead of fluxBB. I like the new forums a lot more, and I will try to squeeze in time to add more documentation, roadmaps, history of patch notes, etc. You are very welcome to post about bugs, testing, ideas, questions, etc. Let me know if something is lacking on the forums.
Here are the full patch notes:
* Ancient Evils now interact with the world, marking and influencing characters, sending strange dreams, spawning monsters, creating climate/terrain change, spreading blight or other terrain modifiers (primal, enchanted, etc.), unleashing rains of blood, corrupting heroes or local wildlife, and much more. Many events are still bit rough, and there is way too many to have extensively tested them all, so expect some bugs in this area.
* Regiments now replenish losses at a rate of 5 per turn.
* Followers now gain levels as they gain experience, potentially learning new skills.
* Followers can learn new skills and acquire new traits through events and assignments. Ie sending someone as an emissary to a neutral city
will eventually make them better at diplomacy – or make them depressed or paranoid from the stress of being a terrible diplomat for year.
* Followers now have a patron deity.
* Constructed shrines will be dedicated to the patron deity of the religious leader during construction (if any).
* Bugfix: Crash related to pathfinding fixed.
* Bugfix: Several world generation crashes fixed.
* Bugfix: Crash related to minor neutral ai processing fixed.
* Bugfix: Quest to find a mana node no longer gives a reward every single turn after it is completed (if an army moved).
* Bugfix: Research duration estimate corner case fixed.
Zip with build: https://wizardsandwarlords.net/files/WizardsAndWarlords0932.zip