New build is up soon. There was another slew of bugs reported, a lot of which were fixed, but there are still some remaining. But the main focus this time is on UI:
- A new Unit Transfer Window, so you have better control over your armies (having only “Split in Half” and “Merge” was pretty weird).
- Custom filters on units in the Military Window, so you hide/show specific units.
- Show Ledger in the Economy Window, which gives a break down of income and expenditure for each resource, so you can see where all your food and gold is going.
- Various bug fixes and quality of life fixes.
On the feature/mechanics side there is the addition of Attitude, which controls how various entities view other entities. This is separate from diplomacy, describing attitudes on a cultural and social level, rather than a geopolitical. For example, a culture may have Attitude: Abhor towards Demons. Factions belonging to this culture will probably not respond positively to being sent a Demonic ambassador, even if they are otherwise on decent terms with the faction sending the character. This system will be expanded to influence how individual characters view each other and have additional effects on diplomacy, trade, events, and so forth.
A new spell has been added allowing Necromancers to turn their followers into the Undead. This may result in the beneficient running away or dying, but will heal and give experience if it succeeds. It may not be the best thing to use on your diplomats, though, as most cultures are not particularly fond of the living dead.
The full patch notes:
- Custom filtering of units in the Military window has been added. Use “Hide/Unhide” on the units to control whether they are shown. If the “Hidden” filter is on, they are always shown (which allows you to unhide).
- A window has been added which allows transfering units been armies in the same hex. This is now also used to merge armies, replacing the previous action button. With a valid army selected, click the “Transfer Units” button on the world map to access this.
- Recruitment no longer resets and scrolls the list in the Military window.
- Improved the battle results message text. Instead of the verbose log-like text, a summary of casualties and kills per unit is now shown.
- First iteration of a Ledger added in the Economy window, which displays a breakdown of income and expenditure for each resource.
- Cultures and Factions now have Attitudes. These control how the entity feels about other cultures, races and important concepts. A faction will fall back to using the attitudes from it’s main culture, if it has any. These attitude are generated based on cultural traits, alignment, social structure, philosophy, etc.
- Factions with Attitude: Hostile or worse towards the culture or race of an emissary will reject them.
- When casting a spell the results are no longer given in a notification that has to be clicked, but in the floating message window.
- A new spell, Gift of Unlife, has been added. It turns one of your followers into an Undead. But be careful, the ritual may result in the more permanent death or the beneficient may decide to flee your employ. If it does succeed, the follower is healed of all damage and gains some experience.
- Enable Cheating is now disabled when restarting or loading a game.
- Wizard Tower upgrade cost tweaked.
- Fixed issue with outposts not extending the control zone of a faction.
- Fixed resource site (farms, mines, etc.) graphics not appearing when loading a game.
- Fixed an issue with Temple building types being locked to the deities of the first game played in a session – which meant Temples to deities from a completely different game world could be built.
- Fixed an issue with Garrison armies fleeing and turning into super-fast ghost armies with no units if their city or fortress was conquered while they were absent.
- Fixed a world generation bug related to province generation.
- Fixed a few buggy costs that were off by a factor 100.
- Fixed some overflowing text in the outliner.
- Added missing back and close buttons on Game Setup, Game Settings and Wizard Selection windows.
- Fixed an issue with filters in the Military Window not always being applied.