- The Ruler tab on the Quests and Objectives Window now shows any researched Spellcraft.
- The Wizard Tower window now lists effects affecting the site (with details and duration as tooltip).
- The City window now lists effects affecting the site (with details and duration as tooltip). For non-player cities, only effects caused by the player are visible.
- Improved Unit effect display in the Army window to include all relevant effects and details/duration in the tooltip.
- The selection info panel now shows effects if a player-controlled army or site is selected.
- When in selection mode on the map, left-click cycling will adapt to the selection type. For example, when prompted to select an army, sites will not be selected when clicking in a hex. This saves some unnecessary clicks cycling past irrelevant items.
- Cleaned up some more blurry text.
- Clicking on a unit in the Army Window list now acts as a shortcut to go to Unit Details.
- Tags are now shown under Unit Details in the Army Window and in the Military Window.
- Spells with not yet implemented effects are now clearly marked as such in the Spellbook.
- A mastery increase now gives a notification listing new spells, units, mechanics, etc.
- Spellbook now has icons for each spell. If there is no icon defined for a spell yet, the icon for the most relevant mastery will be used.
- The Mastery table now has tooltips. For the progress and usage columns the tooltip will show some mechanics info for these.
- All Masteries now have unique icons
- Air, Earth, Fire and Water Mastery now allows researching summoning of Elementals with the “Summon Elementals” spellcraft as a pre-requisite.
- There is now support for Wizard Research projects being enabled by multiple sets of prerequisites. Previously this required duplicate projects, which was confusing if several prerequisites were met, causing the duplicates to all be researchable. For example, “Spirit Hounds” requires the following masteries: Death 1 + Beasts 1 OR Necromancy 2 + Beasts 1. Thus a Wizard with Death 1, Beasts 1, Necromancy 2, would get two research “Spirit Hounds” options.
- Mastery now increases from casting spells and controlling units.
- Added more Unit Research projects: Lesser Elder Spawn, Demonic Siege Beasts, Lesser Angels of Hope, Lesser Angels of Unity, Hellhounds, Soulgorger Vultures, Skeleton Mages, Imps, Greater Imps.
- Abyssal Mastery now unlocks the following units at the indicated level: Tormented (1), Demonic Spearmen (2), Demonic Macemen (3), Demonic Crossbowmen (4), Demonic Armored Swordsmen (6), Demonic Armored Greatswords (8).
- Added the Bad Moon spell, which doubles the chance of (negative) random events in a province for 4 turns. During the Bad Moon, the caster gains 25 mana for each such event which occurs.
- The Lesser Arcane Ward, Arcane Ward and Greater Arcane Ward spells are now mutually exclusive, but the latter two can replace a less powerful ward.
- The Empower Undead spell has been renamed to Necropotence. It can only target (friendly) Undead units and gives +2 Movement, +1 Melee Skill, +2 Melee Damage and +2 Toughness for 2 Turns, after which it has 50% to deal 1%-20% damage (of maximum unit strength) to the unit. It cannot be dispelled.
- The Iron Skin spell now grants the Metal type to a unit for it’s duration (in addition to the other effects). It can now only target units which are not of type Spectral or Air.
- The Incite Unrest spell can now only target settlements with less than 75 Unrest, and cannot increase it beyond this value.
- The Barkskin spell now grants the Plant type to a unit for it’s duration (in addition to the other effects). It can now only target Living and Non-Plant units.
- The Stoneskin spell now grants the Earth type to a unit for it’s duration (in addition to the other effects). It can now only target units which are not of type Elemental, Spectral or Earth.
- Implemented the Flash of Insight spell. It can target friendly characters of level 4 or less. A character cannot be targeted more than once every 24 turns.
- Implemented the Feral Strength spell. It can now only target units which are Living and not Magical.
- implemented the Hurricane spell (reduce movement next to turn to 1, damages flying units on land/most units on water, 50% to blow fleets into an adjacent hex). Spectral units are immune. Aquatic and Water units are immune on water.
- Implemented the Rain of Fire spell. (it deals Fire damage to all armies in the Hex. Site damage part NYI).
- Implemented the Empowered Furnaces spell (Settlement Target: +2 Industry Growth. Any Target: -50% Recruitment Time (Armored Units).
- Implemented the Reaper’s Due spell (damages Undead units in a hex).
- Implemented the Curse of Rot spell (gives -2 population growth, -2 prosperity, -1 industry, +1 sprituality and adds to squalor 5+10% of existing value, and destroys 25% of any stored food).
- Implemented the Dark Rituals spell (requires a follower to assist who will be fatigued, and may suffer death/injury/possession, gain 6D6 mana and 6D6 mastery progress).
- Implemented the Blood Sacrifice spell (sacrifice city population to gain 6D6 mana and 6D6 mastery progress).
- Implemented the Mend Constructs spell (it replenishes losses suffered by a Construct unit).
- Implemented the Dispel Magic spell (it removes magical effects from the target, potentially skipping positive/negative effects if a mix is present and as relevant if the target is friendly or non-friendly).
- Implemented the Entangle spell. It can be cast on an army in a Forest, Swamp or Jungle hex. It reduces the movement speed of non-Flying, non-Elemental, non-Spectral units to 1 during the next turn. Units with Pathfinder have a 25% chance to resist the effect, and if affected only suffer a 50% reduction in movement speed.
- Implemented the Call to Arms spell. It can target a Settlement, Fortress or Wizard Tower, and reduces the time needed to recruit/train new units by 25% (does not affect Bind, Summon, Create, etc.). Settlements also receive a +1 bonus to martial.
- The spell “Create Mongrel Men” is now “Lesser Mass Mutation”, and the created unit is now “Mutants”.
- Added Nereids, an Ocean-based faerie similar to Dryads.
- Added Medusae, humanoids with serpentine features and a petrifying gaze.
- Effects can now be marked as Positive, Negative, both or neither. This is relevant for various mechanics and the AI.
- Custom Constructs now have relevant material-related type tags assigned (Metal, Earth, Bone, etc), as well as the Construct type.
- Silk has been added as a resource type. It is tradable on the Market, but there are no production sources yet.
- Optimized some core text routines increasing world generation speed and turn processing speed.
- Optimized some of the core content generation code increasing world generation speed.
- Refactored the way pre-defined unit types are stores and accessed, improving performance and robustness.
- Wizard AI now makes use of research projects.
- The Slave Uprising event can now occur in Cities with a Slave Market *or* a primary culture which has the Slavery trait (previously required both). Where it previously only gave Unrest, it now also has a chance to spawn an army of Escaped Slaves. In addition for 24 turns, the City suffers +2 Crime,
-2 Industry, -2 Prosperity and -1 Populace.
- The Superstition event now gives a City +1 Spiritual and -1 Learning modifiers (for 12 turns) in addition to the Unrest.
- The “Theft” event now has the loss of gold capped at 2000 gold.
- The “Scarecrow Incident” event can now be triggered by all three levels of Scarecrow units, and not just Lesser Scarecrows.
- Fixed issues with terrain analysis during world generation.
- Fixed an issue with some aspect ratios and resolutions having incorrect row layout in the Wizard Mastery table-view.
- Fixed Slave Uprising event sometimes being resolved as a Tournament.
- Disease events which only affected a City and not a Province had no effect. The effects are now aligned.
- Unit upkeep was calculated in two subtly different ways in the user interface and during turn processing. This has now been unified.
- Fixed issue with Unit upkeep and cost modifiers from Summoning and Binding mastery not being applied.
- Fixed an issue with negative time required to summon or bind some units.
- Fixed an issue with the Next/Prev buttons in the Spellbook panel.
- Fixed an issue with the No Upkeep unit effect never expiring.
- Fixed armor stat not being listed in the Army Window.
- Fixed wizard project list view retaining scroll offset when changing category, causing contents to be not visible in some cases.
Building on the new magic system, a lot of spells have been implemented, mastery can now be increased (unlocking new spells/units) and more research options have been added (units, spellcraft).
The update also has bug fixes (mostly related to the systems introduced in the last patch) and a couple of user interface improvements.
In the coming week focus will be battle resolution and battle magic. The next update should also feature improved visualization of research options, being able to see what options are not yet unlocked and what the prerequisites are. Finally, being able to copy blocks of text to the clipboard (for translation, bug reports, taking notes, etc.) is also planned to be enabled for all text areas/windows.
As previously mentioned a graphical overhaul of the map is also being worked on, but still in too early a stage for sharing.
Please note that there have been large changes to fundamental systems during the last two updates, and despite heavy testing, it is highly likely that there are still bugs lurking. These will of course be fixed as soon as possible when they are reported and/or found internally.